The April 1, 2020 – September 30, 2020 Semiannual Report includes data on HHS OIG reports issued, expected recoveries, criminal and civil actions, and other statistics. It also highlights significant results from selected audits, evaluations, and enforcement activities completed during the reporting period.
Of note, the report covers the OIG’s activity on:
- Responding to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Ensuring health and safety of children served by HHS;
- Protecting beneficiaries receiving long-term care services;
- Preventing and treating opioid misuse;
- Ensuring Medicare program integrity;
- Maximizing value by ensuring efficient use of HHS funds;
- Reducing improper payments for health care; and
- Ensuring that HHS programs and patients do not overpay for prescription drugs
- Combating cybersecurity threats within HHS and health care; and
- Proposed rule on information blocking and grant fraud.