The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (OASH) within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) released a request for information (RFI) on September 9, 2020.
The RFI seeks information to assess whether Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)-certified/accredited laboratories are able to provide added COVID-19 testing if additional testing equipment from Thermo Fisher Scientific were made available.
Specifically, responses are requested related to:
- Current laboratory testing capacity;
- Ability to document specimens and report laboratory results within 24-48 hours;
- Additional capacity if supplemental testing instruments were made available;
- Proposed request for instruments and other requirements; and
- Timeline for increasing capacity, assuming the laboratory receives the requested instruments.
Responses are due by 5pm ET September 20, 2020.